Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Thank you and good luck on your upcoming surgery! It's surely a life changer for the better.
    You guys look so young now! Very happy for you. I have my surgery in Jan. 2015. Very excited to feel & look younger
    Thank you all!
    I wish all of you the very best of this amazing life change as well!!!
    WOW !!! Kudo's to the both of you.
    Fabulous job! You are one year ahead of me!!! Good luck with your career path! I have a feeling that there will be a lot of work for nurses and dietetic educators in the future!!!!
    Wow... That is amazing what you and your husband have done. Just goes to show you that once you make your mind up to make these big changes nothing is impossible. Congrats to both of you
    Holy moly!!!!! That is just amazing, wonderful and fantastic. One of the best success stories I've EVER read. You have a new life ahead of you. So proud of you.
    Great job For Both of u, Keep it up ...Love ur hubbys Shirt SOA yup.
    You both look awesome!! I am a nurse and I love it!! I wish you the best!!

Laura
    Great job, to you both!!!1
    Awesome journey!! I can feel your happiness. Enjoy!
    Congratulations! That is amazing and you and hubby look terrific!
    Awesome you all look great and healthy and happy that's what counts congratulations!
    Just WOW WOW WOW! Congrats to you! You made a great decision, stuck to what you were supposed to do, and look at you now! Amazing...so happy to read your story, and see your photos. My surgery is Dec. 15th...can't wait!!!!!!! Kudos to you!
    I am 11 months out also and max out at 6-7 bites no matter what it is. I eat every couple of hours and drink a protein shake in the morning and have a protein bar as a snack in the afternoon plus have my breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My daily calorie intake is between 1000-1100 a day. When I was just running I was losing on a consistent basis. Now that I also incorporated strength training I maintain my weight for about 3 weeks and then lose a couple of pounds and then maintain again.
    The easiest way to add more calories to your diet is to add healthy fats, e.g., olive oil, coconut oil, etc. A tablespoon a day of either / both in the form of salad dressings, sauces, remoulades, meat dips, etc. will probably solve your new problem.
    Congrats to the both of you. You look great. I havent had surgery yet but cant wait for the day I tell myself I dont need to lose anymore weight. Great job!
    Exercise can also help you maintain your weight. Muscles that are not being used tend to atrophy with weight loss. By working out muscle groups you can gain a little mass and also tone up areas. I am not saying that you need to become a body builder by any sense of the word, just saying that some light workouts or aerobics can also help you maintain your healthy weight. Godspeed on your journey.
    WOW u guys are adorable... Congrats on your Story and loss....Thanks for being so true and owning it...U told the truth reg... Exercise....I'm myself Am A crazy, caring mom and grandma to the pets,: ect....From 7:00am to 9:00 pm Breakfast, Pets, House, Laundry, Dishes, Lunch, Arrons, Vaccumme, Dust, Pick up, Dinner, Dishes again,Ect, Love it But ur right it is moving and Motion , Thanks for making me feel so much better......
    Yay!!! I am visiting my family next week and am going to only pack a couple of quest bars for the plane rides.
    7 weeks out and also seem to be regulating after years of non-regular visits.
    I'm 5 months out today, and my cycle has been consistent at 36-40 days for the past 3 years or so. Each month, my cycle has shortened. I'm not down to 30 days... I actually hope it won't go any lower :-/
    Better to find out this way then AFTER you get pregnant. There is a saying "I'd rather be 40 then pregnant" for a reason. My cycle never changed regardless of my weight. I have only missed periods twice and pregnant both times. I have an IUD and STILL have a regular cycle. I am an alpha, all women around me change their cycle to coordinate with mine. Weird but there it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc22880
    I have not had a period in almost 15 years after the birth of my son. My surgery was on a Monday n that Friday I got mine on my own and they have been regular and one time every month since. I am almost a year out now.
    You are a prime example of some of what I've heard about. Isn't this just crazy stuff!!!
    I was in shock cause I kept tellin my hubby that I didn't have to worry about that and that I didn't have to worry about birth control or any type of protection... Then suddently... BAM... Now I do!!! Not sure if this is where I add an "lol" or not!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Poppa
    Oooops, wrong post. I am of no help here.
    Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Khristine
    I'm glad you brought this up! I have only been sleeved for 4 weeks. And my doctor said that I will probably become irregular. I have had the most regular periods all my life and I am almost 48 years old. I am looking forward to it maybe changing. Well, 2 weeks after my surgery, I got my visitor! Darn! lol…..I am just hoping next month it might be different! I am curious as to what other women's experiences have been?
    I have read and been told that a lot of women that were either irregular or were told they were infertile suddenly are regular and having babies because our hormones balance out from all the weight loss! I haven't heard anything about becoming irregular. Looks like we will both be wishing that unwanted visitor to go away!!!

Congrats on surgery!!! Welcome to the losers side of life. Most amazing experience ever! I just hit my 8 month post-op on the 4th of August and am below goal.
    I have not had a period in almost 15 years after the birth of my son. My surgery was on a Monday n that Friday I got mine on my own and they have been regular and one time every month since. I am almost a year out now.
    Oooops, wrong post. I am of no help here.
    I'm glad you brought this up! I have only been sleeved for 4 weeks. And my doctor said that I will probably become irregular. I have had the most regular periods all my life and I am almost 48 years old. I am looking forward to it maybe changing. Well, 2 weeks after my surgery, I got my visitor! Darn! lol…..I am just hoping next month it might be different! I am curious as to what other women's experiences have been?
    yes you certainly look good where you are, I wouldnt go smaller. You have done great. They say sometimes it can take up to 2 years to see yourself as you now are, great work.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast