Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KennetteW

Consult appointment set

Rate this Entry
Well, I have my consultation/evaluation appointment on 8/22. Right now it seems like forever, but hey it's just a week away. I am both excited and nervous to begin this new journey because I've done soooo many things in the past that have worked, but they have been short lived and I gain back everything I lost. When I try to lose again the same way I did, and had luck with, I cannot seem to get on track. I feel like a failure. It stinks. I just want to get this all done and over with. I've been heavy all my life, well for the most part of it. So now I wait to find out all the major changes I need to go through to make this happen. Hopefully, they will see me a a viable candidate and hopefully this will not break us financially. I'm kind of going way out on a limb on our finances and extending our credit out way further than I'd like to, but it's the only way I see any hope. Wish me luck!!

Submit "Consult appointment set" to Digg Submit "Consult appointment set" to del.icio.us Submit "Consult appointment set" to StumbleUpon Submit "Consult appointment set" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck to you! I know what you mean. I've just started the process and I finish up the last two things tomorrow. It's scary and exciting at the same time. I was pleasntly surprised when I found out how much I would have to pay out of pocket if my insurance approves me. Maybe it will be the same nice surprise for you too! But I look at it as no matter what I have to pay I'm doing this to get healthy! and in the long run it will more than save me the money that I'm going to spend to have the surgery. Good Luck to you!
    I think we all share some of the same frustrations w/you. I don't think that we'd be here @ this stage in our lives looking for a better, more permanent way to lose weight and keep it off, if losing weight was so easy. I did atkins for a long while and was able to maintain my weight for about a year, I still wasn't @ my "healthy" weight and eventually I gained it all back and then some. At least we're brave enough to admit to ourselves that we need help and we identify our weaknesses. I love my sleeve! I'm amazed every day how much I've changed over my 9 wks of PostOp! I don't regret it for one moment! Be good to yourself and you deserve this. I tell that to myself every day.