Dr.S. Hughes
    Last Activity
    10-10-2018 01:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 88 Times
    Was Thanked 94 Times in 94 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,573 Times
    Blog Entries

Angry Still waiting on approval

I am still waiting for Medicare to approve my surgery. I completed all the test and paper work in Nov. 2012. Paid the surgeon in Oct. 2012. Paper work submitted Nov. 5, 2012. My nut. Gave the pre op diet My doctor gave me a date of Dec. 5 2012. On the 17 of Nov. doctor office call my doctor needed to see me, I ask what was it about she did't know soon . So my husband and I go 190 miles away,over 2hrs.to get there the next day the18 Nov. the said we need to get you approved for surgery. I replied. WHAt? You gave a date already Dec.5 . The doctor said there is no way I can do it then. You must have a filter put in first two,weeks before I can operate. what about Dec. 26 if you are approved two weeks before that date so the filer can be put in. I was so angry I couldn't see clear.Mine you I am still on the pre op diet. On the 12 I call the office to speak to the Medicare approval lady, she said she had not gotten any news for medicare my region had not passed on approval yet. I asked her was she going to call me and let me know the reason why I had not been approved. She I thought you knew. I almost lost it, my dear husband at once say pray girl ,pray. Those words save me from saying some very unchristian words to her. He than stepped in and in his very kind voice said how would she know if you didn't tell her. I thank GOD for him ,he's my calm in a storm .He has been to every doctors appt. so he knew she had not told me. So now it's jan. 21 2013 and still not even a call. I know there can be set backs. A call to say I haven't heard anything yet would be nice.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member marilynlw's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Marilyn
    Surgery date
    11/12/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Lorenzo
    Last Activity
    01-02-2014 02:32 PM
    Oahu, Hawaii we moved from Ohio to wormer weather.
    Said "Thanks" 61 Times
    Was Thanked 742 Times in 711 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,174 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Still waiting on approval

I really don't know what to tell you but hang in there and maybe have your husband give them another call. There is so much red tape and miss communication when ever a government agency is involved. Hope you get your approval soon.

Highest weight 440 lbs. lowest weight 9.5 lbs at birth
    Date of surgery weight 340
    12 week checkup 301 BMI <50 yeah!
    Weight on birthday 3/24/48 Goal 285 would be nice.